Thursday, March 23, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Way Back

I'm willing to wager that I wasn't walking back then. Or at the very least, teetering like a drunken sailor.

Kind of like today, though when I walk these days, I move more like a 99-year-old, slowly and laboured, than like a seaman on shore leave.

But that's not what this post is about.

In my search to find my deep past, back when I lived in Montreal, I have found a photo of me, shot about 51 years ago, on the balcony of an apartment building, in some sort of rocking horse. Judging by my size and by the weather on the street below me, this was probably shot in the autumn of 1965.



I have another photo of me, in the same rocker, on my first birthday, and I definitely have more hair, so this photo was shot before then. Being Montreal, the photo was definitely not shot during the winter months.

I only learned about a week ago that my family lived in three apartments in Montreal, before we moved to Ottawa. Two of the apartments were in the borough of Verdun, on Fifth (5e) Avenue. This must have been one of those apartments, as a search on Google Maps, street view, show those steep, long staircases that lead up to the second floor, that are typical in Montreal neighbourhoods.

My search for my past continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment